Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Jordie had his pead appointment yesterday. I thought Jordy was doing ok. The pead thinks otherwise. I was telling him how Jords can jump now and can follow one word instructions. The pead thinks Jordy walking is bad compared to how long he has been walking. Jordy walks with a gait and twists his right leg out. He has been referred to early childhood intervention centre and referred for a MRI which he will need to be knocked out for. I am freaking ...i dont want him knocked out. The pead was also writing a letter again to Beacon House. I know things could be a whole lot worse but this was never how i pictured my sons life to be. Yes he is a wee cutie and a absolute delight and i dont think i would ever change his personality but i wish his life was normal.
The pead also mentioned dyspraxia but i wasnt in the right mindset to question it any further.
I think what makes things so hard is that people see Jordy and to them he looks normal so they dont understand what the hospital are on about. I am sick and tired of trying to explain to people that yes Jordy looks normal but medically he is not. It is a complete waste of my time and energy not to mention it upsets me when people try to double guess and tell me that there is nothing wrong with Jordy. Jordy has cerebral palsy and global learning delays with his speech and motor skills.
There i have had my vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment