Thursday, November 27, 2008

cont

I rang the pead today and am waiting for her to ring back. She was going to ring back before 3.30pm....im still waiting.
I suppose if she hasn't rung it can't be too urgent but those enzymes results are worrying me.
I spoke to my gps nurse today and she said the electrolytes and chloride relate to his kidneys but she didn't want to elaborate too much.
She said the pead will explain it better.
Jordy has a bit of a cold at the moment, I have been watching him like a hawk!!!!
hehe I had to giggle at Brydee today I asked her if she would like a ice block she said yes so i gave her a lemonade popsicle she saw me take a magnum out and decided she would quite like to share mine.
So we sat on the deck she would give me a bite then she would have 4 i got the giggles watching her....and she ate all the chocolate on it.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kayla. I found your blog through the TMMB. I just wanted to tell you that my son also has CP. He was 7.5 weeks early as I had a huge bleed. When he was 4 months old we had problems with him not feeding or sleeping and long story short, instead of the Paed telling me he had reflux, she said he had Brain Damage and CP from the bleed. He is nearly 11 months now. I will be thinking of you as you go on this journey with Jordy. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that would of been a huge shock mummaguts. We are still uncertain what caused jordys cp. He was 2-4 weeks prem and did have jaundice when he was born he also had trouble breathing and was on a bubble cpap mask. He also had huge forcep marks on his head.
    How severe is your sons cp.
    Take care
    Sheridan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kayla, got this also from the tmmb, It is always a shock when you get a late dx even thou you "know" something isnt right to put a label on it so final. It does get easier to cope with. My wee girl is almost five I dont now where the last 4 years have gone they have just flown I am so proud of her. I better go update her blog now you can see her on caringbridge.org under caitlinjemmaholmes. Take care and be strong, take all the help you are offered If I am right and you are chch then you are already on the right track as they are amazing down there with the option for treatments. Also get in touch with my Friend Anna she is so cool her home based bussiness a special needs gifts and ideas www.littlebeacons.co.nz she is always willing to chat and help out she is chch as well. Meg13

    ReplyDelete