Friday, November 28, 2008

I was looking at my old pictures last night and noticed that Jordy had his hand raised in so many photos. Plus it isn't only his right hand i took a picture of him on Sunday and his left was like it as well.
Now I know what it is I am so conscious of it. Whenever i see his hands like it i massage them. I don't know if i am doing any good or not but it sort of helps my mind to cope.
I was changing his bum before I sat him up and he was cuddling me I was looking at him thinking you poor wee man when he gave me his enormous grin. He doesn't know what is going on. He thinks all is normal.
At the moment he is knee walking around with a plush soccer ball hanging out his mouth.
I also noticed he grunts a heck of a lot.
he isn't stupid he knows what he wants and he understands me.
Pete still isn't talking about it. He is quiet at the best of times.
Jordan also has a complete fascination with anything electrical ie, cellphones, remotes, cameras,phones,. If he finds them he takes of with them like a bat out of hell. He loves balls. He will get a ball bring it to me I throw it and he will go and get it...this will go on for hours he just keeps fetching.
He cannot sit still. He won't sit down and do a puzzle or play with toys. He is like a bumblebee flitting here there and everywhere.
I have heard the Champion centre is fantastic so hoping they will be able to help with Jordan.
CP is normally caused by something that happened at birth or in the womb.
I cannot pinpoint when it happened. He was very jaundiced at birth, he did have a csection forcep delivery where there were big bruises on his head and he was also on a bubble cpap mask after he was born.
I wonder if i can ask for a copy of his medical notes.

2 comments:

  1. Hey its 9291 here. Gosh you poor thing it just keeps on coming at you. Good luck and I will keep checking back in to see how its going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kay - I have just gotten your link from trademe - I'm twinmummy10. I love your poem .... ANyway I have a wee boy Mr Theo (22mths) who hs recently been diagnosed with CP - very mild. I cried buckets when I found out. But nothing had changed for Theo except for having a name (which gives you power). He's still the little boy he was the day before. If you want to chat or catch up (i'm in philipstown) drop me a line at quinn.roderique@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete